PIERRE-AUGUSTE RENOIR: "The Umbrellas", 1881-86

PIERRE-AUGUSTE RENOIR: "The Umbrellas", 1881-86

    "About 1883, a rupture occurred in my work. I had come to the end of Impressionism, and I arrived at the conclusion that I could neither paint nor to draw. In one word, I was at a dead end". "The Umbrellas" is a complex work in which we can find Renoir in two different periods of his career. While the precise drawing of the girl on the left can be easily ascribed to his 'Impressionist' period, some figures on the right should be identificated with his "dry" or "Ingres" period, started in 1883.
You have read this article Impressionism with the title PIERRE-AUGUSTE RENOIR: "The Umbrellas", 1881-86. You can bookmark this page URL http://for-the-prophet.blogspot.com/2012/03/pierre-auguste-renoir-umbrellas-1881-86.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...