Madonna : Cubist Portrait



    I've always been fascinated by cubism, and I suppose Picasso in particular. I suppose if there's any style of art I ever felt was "perfect" to me it would have to be cubism. I think seeing my first cubist painting as a boy was the first thing to set the fire of art in me. Anyhow, I had been reading about Lichtenstein and his cubist explorations specifically his homage's to Picasso expressed in quite a few of his works, and it inspired me. Actually I suppose it just gave me permission to tread into the land I feared to enter. I had always liked Picasso's rendition of Madonna, so I experimented with my own interpretation, of his interpretation.
You have read this article Cubism with the title Madonna : Cubist Portrait. You can bookmark this page URL http://for-the-prophet.blogspot.com/2012/03/madonna-cubist-portrait.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...