Mary Magdalen









    On March 9, 2012 I will present my interpretation of Titian's "Sacred and Profane Love" as "the Conversion of Mary Magdalen" at the annual meeting of the South Central Renaissance Society to be held this year in New Orleans. In conjunction I have put up on my website a slide show of images of the Magdalen that I have used. The slide show is a work in progress and I welcome any suggestions or recommendations.


     Meanwhile, I thought to put up a few images here interspersed with commentary from Anna Jameson's chapter on Mary Magdalen in her "Sacred and Legendary Art." All citations are from v. 1 of the 1895 edition.
You have read this article ART DECO / Renaissance with the title Mary Magdalen. You can bookmark this page URL http://for-the-prophet.blogspot.com/2012/04/mary-magdalen.html. Thanks!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...